June 18, 2012
Home accessories are easy to overlook during a remodel, but if you think about it, the hardware throughout your house actually gets some of the most use. From doorknobs to light switch covers, Ashley Norton is one designer we like to recommend. In fact, one of our clients is using them throughout their Saratoga remodeling project (see pictures throughout this post).
Why do we like to recommend Ashley Norton? Their wide variety and durability of hardware – including solid bronze and solid brass – is perfect for any home. In fact, their product range is amongst the most diverse in the high-end architectural hardware industry, and their technical aspects are impressive:
- Their Solid Bronze products are cast from the finest art grade bronze, assuring a naturally flowing texture
- Their Solid Brass products are produced using the hot forging method, allowing for crisp, sharp lines and exceptional finishing quality
- Their products utilize European engineering and design, with spring assisted levers to eliminate lever sag
- Stainless steel components are used wherever possible to increase durability and resist corrosion
In addition to homes across the country, you can see their products in the Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV), Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel (Anaheim, CA), Treasure Island (Las Vegas, NV), The Whiteface Lodge (Lake Placid, NY) and more.
Along with the wide variety of hardware Ashley Norton has available, they’re also a green company – another attribute we value at C.A.G.E. Design Build. Like Ashley Norton, we believe every home should be as environmentally friendly as possible. Here’s how they make sure their products are eco-friendly:
- The character of their solid bronze products are bolstered by a 90% recycled bronze content
- All of the brass or bronze used in their forging, machining and casting processes is reclaimed for reuse
- Their non-destructive solid bronze casting process allows them to reclaim their molds for use again and again
- Their packaging is made from recycled materials with no use of Styrofoam
- Their literature is printed on paper from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified sources
Want to find out more? Visit the Ashley Norton site or contact us! We can give you ideas for incorporating this versatile, durable hardware into your home.